The mission of USDA Rural Development’s Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program is to assist low- to moderate-income rural home buyers achieve their dream of home ownership!
100% financing opportunities are available to eligible rural individuals and families for the purchase of safe and sanitary dwellings.
Applicants must purchase a home within the eligible rural areas, and have a household income that does not exceed the established limits where the home is located. Some information you need to know about USDA loans:
100% financing, no down payment is required. The loan amount may not exceed 100% of the appraised value, plus the guarantee fee may be included.
· Guarantee Fee applies: may be rolled into the loan amount.
· Flexible credit guidelines. Non-traditional credit histories may be accepted.
· Fixed 30 year interest rates apply.
· Qualifying ratios are 31% for housing costs and 41% for total debt. Lenders may request an exception to exceed these ratios when strong compensating factors are identified.
· No maximum purchase price. Qualifying ratios and the applicant’s stable and dependable income will determine home affordability.
· Eligible closing costs and lender fees may be included in the loan or paid by the applicant.
· Gift/Grant Funds/Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCC’s)/Seller Concessions are allowed.
Not limited to first time home buyers.